Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tofu fah uncle



I love tofu fah from Hong Kong. The really good beancurd has a silken texture and a smoky flavour from being made with firewood. I used to be addicted to the Ah Por tofu fah from Lamma but now that we have moved to Mui Wo, that seems such a long way away (two ferry rides is a bit too much just to have a dessert).

Then I found out about the uncle in Mui Wo who makes some just as good. He grows his own soybeans and makes everything from scratch. He sells them along Mui Wo Rural Committee Road. Because his is a one-man show, he only makes the tofu fah in small quantities so once they're gone, they're gone.

That's why , though I've been pass his spot so many times, it's only today that I was in time to catch him. So of course I had to get the supersized HK$10 bowl instead of the regular serving.

You can read more about the tofu fah uncle here. The photos are brilliant, but then what else would you expect of CNN?

No comments:

Post a Comment